Job Title: Coach
Hiring Period: Academic Year, Summer | Hourly Pay Rate: $15.00 | Hours per week: 10-35
On/Off Campus: Off Campus | Work-Study/Non Work-Study: Non Work-Study
Job Description: Gymnastics Head Coach
The core values that guide the YMCA in fulfilling the mission and goals are: Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility - For ALL.
Hampshire Regional YMCA
Full-time or Part-time position
Join our incredibly popular gymnastics program and enjoy working in a sport you love!
The Hampshire Regional YMCA is looking for self-motivated, ambitious GYMNASTICS HEAD COACH for YMCA competitive team gymnasts.
We look for people who have a love of developing the young gymnast. Be an integral member of our gymnastics staff by being dedicated to providing gymnastics and movement education to all participants.
Under the direction of the Operations Director, Head Coach is responsible for the oversight and administration of the gymnastics team.
The Head Coach performs administrative duties, as well as physical instruction to facilitate of day-to-day operation of these programs.
The typical Head Coach spends approximately 75% of their time coaching, with the balance of their time devoted to day-to-day operations and building a top-notch team of individuals who are 100% committed to providing outstanding programming and customer service.
The Head Coach will provide direct leadership in coaching gymnasts ages 5-15 as well as of planning and preparation for the competitive program (Level 2-7 and Xcel).
Our program has multi-state, regional and national champions and prides itself on bringing out the best in every athlete in a positive atmosphere. The relationships you build here will last a lifetime.
This position can be either a part-time or full-time position.
Certificates and experience requirements:
• Has knowledge of or is willing to learn all USAG Compulsory routines as well as a working knowledge of the Code of Points.
• Have or be willing to obtain First Aid and CPR certifications and training in blood-borne pathogens, USA Gymnastics professional membership and Safety Risk Management certificate.
• Must have 1.5 years of experience coaching gymnastics at all three levels of the sport; pre-school, recreational, and competition.
• Experience with computers, including personal computer applications is necessary.
• The Head Coach must accept and demonstrate the values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and support substantial weight (approx. 15 – 130 lbs.) with the arms and legs.
• Must have strong spotting skills to physically support athletes throughout exercises.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close-up vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
• The noise level in the work environment varies from quiet to loud.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively and efficiently. Work with minimal supervision and exercise independent judgment.
Full-time benefits include:
Health & dental insurance, vacation, personal time, holiday and sick time, family membership, camps, classes, STD/LTD & Life insurance, and retirement.
We require all applicants to submit an application, which can be found on our website: https://www.hrymca.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Employment-Application-Updated-for-2017.pdf
In addition to the application, we’ll gladly take your resume and cover letter.
Please email your application, resume and cover letter to sovina.mansfield @hrymca.org
Or mail/in person, Attn: Sovina Mansfield,
How to Apply: Email, See Website, See instructions in job description
Name/Company: Sovina Mansfield
Department: 286 Prospect St
286 Prospect St
Northampton, Massachusetts 01060-2098
Job Number: 32816