Job Title: Camp Staff
Hiring Period: Summer | Hourly Pay Rate: $12.50 | Hours per week: 24-36
On/Off Campus: Off Campus | Work-Study/Non Work-Study: Non Work-Study
Job Description: The Great Outdoors on the Deerfield, Charlemont MA
Learn, Live, Work, Play
The Great Outdoors on the Deerfield River in Charlemont is seeking an individual who is motivated, enjoys working outdoors with children and families, is a loyal team player and wants to spend the summer in a dynamic and fun-filled environment aimed at providing outdoor tubing adventures to families and friends.
Do you have a strong passion for the outdoors? Do you thrive in an environment that enables you to work with people that share your interests? Would you love to spend the summer in the great outdoors? Do you enjoy working with kids and families?
Imagine helping guests prepare for an exciting tubing adventure, and once back at the base camp, watching them sitting around a camp fire or under the gazebo, listening to live music, or lounging in the open fields along the banks of the Deerfield River behind the Great Outdoors.
Outdoor Adventure Guide:
As an assistant outdoor adventure guide, you would be responsible for working with the outdoor adventure manager in organizing tubing trips on the Deerfield River. BWW is looking for individuals to guide individuals or groups during outdoor adventure based activities
customer service oriented and good.
• Preparation of and assembling of gear prior to trip
• Helping to maintain supplies and equipment (tube, PFD)
• Driving company vans to shuttle passengers up and down the river
• Ensure participants are dressed properly and carry appropriate supplees (water bottles, sun tan lotion) for a day on the river
• Demonstrate and instruct activities related to water safety and river etiquette.
• Demonstrating necessary skills and techniques, providing individual instruction when necessary
• Provide instruction and ensure program participants adherence to safety rules and regulations
• Providing fun and engaging information to trip participants about the region they are exploring
• Be responsible for ensuring that everyone is safe when on the river and making sure they are all safely off the river.
Note: Guides will not be required to assist guests while they are on the river.
• Maintain positive and enthusiastic attitude
• Ability to interact positively with guests
• Feel comfortable in and around water
• Have a valid driver’s license with no prior convictions
• Desiree to maintain a safe yet exciting customer experience
• Knowledge of the area a plus. Assist manager in daily tasks related to retail.
How to Apply: Email, Call, See Website
Employers Website: http://www.greatoutdoors-deerfieldriver.com
Name/Company: Chris Carcio
Charlemont, Massachusetts 01339
Job Number: 31929