Job Title: Personal Care Attendant
Hiring Period: Academic Year, Summer | Hourly Pay Rate: $15.00 | Hours per week: 2-5
On/Off Campus: Off Campus | Work-Study/Non Work-Study: Non Work-Study
Job Description: Community Focus/Personal Care Support
Become part of a team that provides hands on support to a male in his 30s with intellectual and physical needs both at home and in the community.
Looking for someone with natural ability to see every person’s potential with a calm, adaptable demeanor, positive and respectful attitude and creativity and flexibility in both thought process and provision of supports.
* Basic cooking ability needed.
* Reliability is a must.
* Back up availability, Mon.-Fri. particularly for evening hours of 4:30-6:30 and Saturdays 10:30-6 with several existing dates in the summer needed.
* Experience supporting non-verbal
* Musical background or enjoyment of different types of performances a plus
Great learning opportunity for those looking to pursue any field with close human interaction (ie. OT, PT, nursing, teaching, human services, or alternative therapy field).
Availability for Mon-Fri evening hours 4:30-6:30, Saturday 10:30-6 fill in.
Monthly evening support to assist attending events at UMass or other performance opportunities, likely a Wed. or Thurs. evening from 6:30-9:30
Openness to providing overnight support once a year for several days.
* Males preferred but will consider anyone who possesses desired qualities.
* Please send resume or letter of interest detailing interest and experience
* Please make sure to include phone number so that I can contact you.
* CORI will be required.
* Good driving record needed.
* Your own vehicle is required since we are not on a bus route.
How to Apply: Email, Send Resume
Name/Company: Donna Kushi
Department: 196 River Drive
196 River Drive
Hadley, Massachusetts 01035
Job Number: 29703