Job Title: Web Assistant
Hiring Period: Summer | Hourly Pay Rate: $25.23 | Hours per week: 20
On/Off Campus: On Campus | Work-Study/Non Work-Study: Work-Study, Non Work-Study | On Bus Route
Job Description: Graduate student needed to assist UMass Continuing and Professional Education (CPE) eLearning Instructional Design team with Preview Week preparedness course checks and retro-fitting documents for accessibility in Blackboard Learning Management System (LMS).
• Referring to Excel/Google Sheets documents generated by the Instructional Design team to identify courses, which must be checked for preview week preparedness.
• Accessing courses in Blackboard LMS to verify that content required for Preview Week preparedness is current and available for students to access.
• Communicating course checking progress regularly with Instructional Design staff.
• Updating documents, related to the preview week course check process, with relevant information.
• Working with Blackboard Ally accessibility tool to identify documents that need correction.
• Editing documents in Adobe Acrobat Pro and Microsoft Word.
Experience: Required qualifications:
• Comfortable using computers (both Mac and PC).
• Proficient with various technologies, including online tools such as Google Apps and Google Drive, and Microsoft Office applications such as Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
• Highly detail-oriented and able to maintain focus on repetitive work for multiple hours, if need be.
• Able to follow detailed instructions (both written and verbal).
• Available to work onsite between 9 am and 5 pm, Monday - Friday.
• Experience using the Blackboard platform as a student or instructor.
• Available to perform similar work prior to subsequent semesters (this may be a recurring position/job).
To apply: email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply: Email, Send Resume, See instructions in job description
Name/Company: Marisha Marks
Department: Continuing and Professional Education (CPE) eLearning
Continuing and Professional Education (CPE) eLearning
407 Goodell Building
Amherst, Massachusetts 01003
Job Number: 24389