Job Title: Data Entry Assistant
Hiring Period: Summer | Hourly Pay Rate: $12.00 | Hours per week: 40
On/Off Campus: On Campus | Work-Study/Non Work-Study: Work-Study, Non Work-Study | On Bus Route
Job Description: UMassSafe, a traffic safety research program, in the Transportation Engineering department, is hiring students for a 4 week, 40 hr/wk position to begin May 29th and continue until June 24th.
Pay for this position is $12.00/hr with generous travel reimbursement.
This is ideal for students who are unable to qualify for full summer internships; this is not a ‘back-up’ option, as we require a signed commitment by April 20th.
The primary task for this research project will be to observe seat belt usage for the Annual Statewide Seat Belt Observation Study.
Students will go out in teams of two and spend up to 12 hours per day in the field, traveling across the state and standing outside observing traffic on seat belt & cell phone usage.
• Full-time undergraduate student (no May graduating seniors)
• Comfortable standing outside 4-5 hours per day in sun and rain
• Have housing available within 20 minutes to Amherst
• Have a reliable vehicle, valid license, and be willing to drive up to 400+ miles per week (travel reimbursed)
• Flexible schedule and willing to work long days; hours will vary including early mornings, late evenings, and weekends
How to Apply: Email, Send Resume
Employers Website: http://www.umasstransportationcenter.org/UMassSafe
Name/Company: Jennifer Gazzillo
Department: Civil & Environmental Engineering
Civil & Environmental Engineering
142D Marston Hall
Amherst, Massachusetts 01003
Job Number: 22897