Whether you are living locally or studying remotely, you can access telehealth appointments with UHS providers. When you call to make your appointment, our staff will determine if you would best be served by an in-person or telehealth visit. To schedule an appointment, call 413-577-5101.
If you have a telehealth appointment at UHS, here's what to expect:
- Once you've made your appointment, check your email. You should have received a confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org containing the Zoom URL for your appointment, as well as your appointment date and time.
- Login to the UMass Patient Portal and click the "Forms" tab. See if you have any required forms you need to fill out, and opt-in to receive text messages from UHS. When you opt-in, you will receive text message reminders from UHS on the day of your appointment, including the Zoom URL to join your appointment. If you have trouble accessing the portal, read our Patient Portal FAQs.
- Starting 45 minutes before your appointment, you can check in. Login to the UMass Patient Portal. On the home page, scroll down to Upcoming Appointments to find the blue check-in button. Complete any forms required for check-in.
- 15 minutes before your appointment, expect a phone call from a certified medical assistant. They will review your medications, allergies and reason for your visit.
- At your appointment time, click the Zoom URL you received via email or text message to join your appointment waiting room.