Hours: Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Phone: (413) 577-5030
Location: 150 Infirmary Way, Amherst MA 01003 • View Map & Directions
Our full-service pharmacy offers prescription medications and great prices on over-the-counter health and wellness products, including contraception. Online prescription refills make your life easier, while our special services help you get what you need. We serve UMass students, faculty, staff, and their dependents.
- Text messaging service now available. Please call the pharmacy for more information, (413) 577-5030.
- Need to transfer your prescriptions from UHS pharmacy to your local pharmacy? Have your local pharmacy call us: (413) 577-5030.
- Pharmacy orders should be received by 4:45 pm for same-day pickup.
A Bigger, Better Way to Shop and Save
Check out our expanded over-the-counter area and save!
• Burt’s Bees® natural personal care
• First aid
• Cough, cold and flu care
• Pain and fever relievers
• Skin care
• Sexual health and contraception
• Dental care
• Stop-smoking aids
• Vitamins and supplements
• Cold beverages
• and much more!
Refill Your Prescription
- Phone: Call (413) 577-5030 anytime; refills will be ready the next business day.
- Online: Order online anytime; refills will be ready the next business day.
- Mail: We may be able to mail your refill to you; ask the pharmacist if your prescription qualifies. A $2.25-per-prescription fee applies.
Transfer Your Prescription
Want to pick up your existing prescriptions at the UHS Pharmacy? Leaving the Amherst area and need to transfer your prescriptions to another pharmacy? It's easy! Just download and complete this form.
Nicotine Replacement Therapy
Whether you are ready to quit tobacco or just worried about how to get throught the day without it, nicotine replacement therapy can help. The UHS Pharmacy offers the patch, gum or lozenge. Come to UHS and ask the pharmacist for a discount voucher for $10 off a two- week supply.
First Aid Essentials
Everyone should have basic first aid supplies close by. But, what do you really need? Our healthcare experts have made it easy with this handy checklist!
If you use injectable medications, it's important to discard used sharps safely. The UHS Pharmacy has low-cost sharps containers; when the box is full, bring it back to the pharmacy for free disposal.
Payment is expected at the time of service. If you have insurance coverage, bring your prescription card with you. We accept cash, check, UCard, Discover, Visa and MasterCard.
We accept many plans, including but not limited to: Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts, CVS Caremark, Express Scripts, GIC, Health New England, Harvard Pilgrim, Paid Prescriptions, Medco, Tufts, and Tricare. If you have questions about a particular plan, call us!
Bring your prescription insurance card with you to the pharmacy; if you don’t have the card, fill out this form and give it to a pharmacy staff member.
Have questions? Get answers with these pharmacy FAQs.