In a life-threatening emergency, call 911 for ambulance transportation to a hospital. UHS is not a hospital, and does not have an emergency department.
Please make an appointment before coming to UHS.
- Advance appointments are best for routine care and minor problems. Call 413-577-5101. If you have a UHS primary care provider, great! If not, we'll match you with one that meets your needs and preferences.
- Same-day appointments get you seen quickly, at a time that's best for you. Call 413-577-5101. These appointments fill up fast – call early in the morning.
- Telehealth appointments are available for certain health concerns. When you call to make your appointment, our staff will determine if you would best be served by an in-person or telehealth visit.
- Need health advice? Not sure if you need an appointment? Login to umass.medicatconnect.com and go to the "Forms" page to submit the Minute Nurse Triage Form. It will be reviewed by a nurse, and you'll receive a response the same day if submitted by 4 p.m.
- For urgent, non-life-threatening situtations that cannot wait for an appointment, you may proceed to UHS.
Questions? Need help? Call the Triage Advice Nurse, 413-577-5229. For COVID-19 questions, call 413-577-5128.
Hearing or speech impairments? Access the UHS TTY system; call 413-545-5905.
Medical Care Hours
Click here for hours by department.