Eye Care Services is your one-stop source for high-quality, personalized, affordable vision care. We serve students, faculty and staff of the Five Colleges: UMass Amherst, Hampshire College, Amherst College, Mount Holyoke College and Smith College.
The eye care office is currently closed, with staff working remotely.
- Staff are checking messages throughout the day and are available to assist patients with any contact lens or glasses needs they may have.
- To order contact lenses or for questions about non-urgent eye issues, call Eye Care Services, 413-577-3937.
- For eyewear, call Optical Services, 413-577-5007.
- Dr. Gray is available on call; patients with urgent eye issues should call 413-577-5000 to be triaged by a health care provider.
Off-Campus Eye Care Patients:
Please call Eye Care at 413-577-3937 to take advantage of the following services:
- Our optometrist, Dr. Gray, is available for telemedicine appointments.
- Students are still able to utilize their Wellfleet allowance towards contact lenses, with free shipping to your home address.
- We are available to help all students with ordering contact lenses (including outside prescriptions), questions about eyeglasses or any other issues you may currently have, including what we can do if your prescription is expiring.
- Complete eye examinations and emergency care
- Eyewear for everyday, fashion, sports and work
- On-site lens lab, for same- or next-day service on most prescriptions and eyewear
- Contact lens specialists
- Online lens orders with our Contact Lens e-Store
- Care before and after laser vision surgery
Ways to pay
Pay your UHS patient bill online, in person or by mail.
Meet our providers
Up-to-date optometric knowledge from a skilled, experienced and caring team means you get the best eye care possible. Our providers are: