Testing and Care
- For general medicine appointments, call 413-577-5101
- For Women's Health Clinic appointments, call 413-577-6511.
- Urgent care for sexual health issues is also available. Visit our MinuteNurse and Urgent Care page to learn more.
Comprehensive sexual health care is an important part of wellness for all sexually active people. This includes:
- Annual complete physical exams with a primary care provider.
- Vaccinations for sexually transmitted infections (STIs) that are vaccine-preventable, including hepatitis A and B, and human papillomavirus (HPV).
- Consistent, correct use of condoms, dental dams and female condoms every time you engage in any sexual activity, including vaginal, anal and oral sex.
- STI and HIV screening tests when you have no symptoms.
- Treatment if you or your partner have been diagnosed with an STI.
If you're HIV-negative but at high risk, or if you may have been exposed to HIV in the last 72 hours, medications known as PrEP and PEP can reduce your chances of becoming infected with HIV.
If you've had unprotected sex or a contraceptive failure and are worried about unintended pregnancy, take emergency contraception (EC) within 72 hours. EC is available at the UHS Pharmacy and Walk-In Care.
Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) Program
UHS is a designated Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) site, providing confidential, compassionate services for female, male and transgender survivors. Click to learn more.