UHS nutritionist Molly Barnes, M.S., R.D., C.D.E., L.D.N. offers specialized services for UMass Amherst student athletes, as part of the multidisciplinary sports medicine team.
She works with players, coaches, athletic trainers and teams to provide:
- Individual consultations and group presentations focusing on peak performance through good nutrition
- Nutrition evaluation and suggestions for dietary enhancement
- Guidance on achieving and maintaining healthy levels of body mass, fat and muscle mass
- Counseling on hydration protocols
- Support for nutrition-related challenges to performance, such as food allergies, bone mineral issues, gastrointestinal disturbances and iron-deficiency anemia
- Information on optimal nutrition for recovery from illness or injury
Together with doctors, therapists and trainers, she also works to support and guide student-athletes who have eating disorders.
- Office hours at Boyden Gymnasium are Wednesdays, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m., and Thursdays, 12:30 – 4 p.m. in room 038. For an appointment, call (413) 577-5174.
- Appointments at other days and times are available at UHS; call (413) 577-5101.