Feburary 11, 2022 - Parking near UHS is limited due to nearby lot closures, high parking demand and use of UHS for COVID-19 testing services. Please allow extra time before your appointment to find parking. Free UMass Transit buses make several stops within walking distance of UHS, and the UHS Shuttle offers free rides from residence halls to UHS. Patients who can walk to UHS or get dropped off are encouraged to do so.
What is the UHS Shuttle?
The UHS Shuttle offers free rides from residence halls to UHS. Same-day rides can be scheduled until 45 minutes before the health center's closing time; check the home page for our current schedule.
To schedule a ride up to two business days ahead, call 413-577-7425 weekdays, 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
UHS is not a hospital and does not have an emergency department. If you're experiencing a life-threatening emergency, always call 911 for ambulance transportation to a hospital.
- You will be picked up at your residence hall's designated location.
- When you are done at UHS, call again for a ride back to your residence hall.
- Have your student ID with you; show it to the driver when you're picked up.
- Be at the designated pickup location on time. Drivers won't wait more than five minutes for you. After three "no-shows," you won't be allowed to schedule a ride for the rest of the semester.
- Students living in UMass Amherst residence halls are eligible for rides. Rides are not available from family housing, fraternities/sororities, or off-campus housing.
- The UHS Shuttle is available when UHS and campus residence halls are open.
- Shuttle passengers need to be able to get on and off the van without help. Students who are vomiting, bleeding or appear seriously ill may be asked to talk with UHS's Triage Advice Nurse before being allowed to board.