Submit the Minute Nurse Triage Form on the Patient Portal for health concerns and medical questions during UHS business hours.
UHS is open by appointment only. In-person and telehealth appointments are available, including same-day appointments, by calling 413-577-5101. For all other non-emergency health concerns and medical questions that arise during UHS business hours, the fastest way to reach a nurse for advice is to submit the Minute Nurse Triage Form on the UMass Patient Portal. In an emergency, call 911. What is an emergency?
How to Submit the Minute Nurse Triage Form:
- Login to the portal at umass.medicatconnect.com
- Click the “Forms” tab and look for Section A: UHS Forms
- Select the Minute Nurse form, fill it out with detailed information, and submit it
- If received by 4:00 p.m. on a business day, a nurse will review the information you send and respond the same day by phone or secure message. If received after 4 p.m. or when UHS is closed, a nurse will respond the next business day.
- If you need help accessing your Patient Portal account, review our FAQs at umass.edu/uhs/umass-patient-portal or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you do not have internet or Patient Portal access, call 413-577-5229. Leave a message with your name and number, and a nurse will return your call the same day if received by 4 p.m.
- Minute Nurse Triage Form submissions and voicemails will be responded to in order of urgency, and if necessary you will be seen the same day for acute health needs.
After-Hours Health Advice
When UHS is closed, call 413-577-5229 to speak with a triage nurse. In an emergency, call 911. What is an emergency?
Mental Health Emergencies
Emergency mental health help is available 24/7. Call the Center for Counseling and Psychological Health at 413-545-2337 on weekdays, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. On weekdays after 4:30 p.m., weekends, and holidays, call the Protocall Crisis Line at 877-831-7421 to speak with a clinician.