As of Monday, April 19, vaccine eligibility in Massachusetts has expanded to the general public ages 16 years and older. For Fall 2021, UMass will require all undergraduate and graduate students who wish to live, learn or conduct research on campus or access campus resources to be fully vaccinated prior to the beginning of the fall semester. In addition, all faculty and staff are strongly encouraged and recommended to get vaccinated prior to the beginning of the fall semester. There are a variety of ways to find a vaccine appointment:
- COVID-19 vaccine on campus is currently being administered at the UMass COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic at the Campus Center. Typically, appointments for the following week are posted at 4 p.m. on Fridays. Due to high demand and constrained vaccine supplies, appointments are limited.
- Appointments are also available at the Holtzman Medical vaccination clinic on the Mt Ida Campus of UMass Amherst in Newton, MA. Book an appointment at holtzmanmedical.org/covid19 or use ZocDoc.
- Preregister to be notified when it's your turn to schedule an appointment at one of seven mass vaccination locations: Hynes Convention Center in Boston, Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Reggie Lewis Center in Boston, DoubleTree Hotel in Danvers, Eastfield Mall in Springfield, Natick Mall, and the former Circuit City in Dartmouth.
- Use VaxFinder to search for appointments at pharmacies, healthcare providers and other community locations.
Instructions for Students: How to Add COVID-19 Vaccination Data to Your UHS Medical Record
If you received your COVID-19 vaccine in Massachusetts, University Health Services has your vaccination data on file, and no further action is required.
If you were vaccinated outside of Massachusetts, follow the steps below to upload your COVID-19 vaccination data as soon as you receive the first dose, then again after you receive the second dose. Do not wait to complete the series of shots to enter your COVID-19 vaccine information. (New Students: Please wait until you are assigned a UMass email address to follow the steps below.)
- Login to the UMass Patient Portal
- Click the “Immunization” tab
- Select “COVID-19 Vaccines”
- Find your vaccine type, enter the date you received your vaccine and click “Submit”
- Click the “Uploads” tab
- Under “Documents Available to be Uploaded,” select A - REQUIRED IMMUNIZATIONS FORM
- Upload a photo of the vaccine card that you were given by the health care provider who administered the immunization