- If you need help accessing the UMass Patient Portal, please review our Patient Portal FAQs for troubleshooting tips
- If you still need support after reviewing the Patient Portal FAQs, please contact email@example.com
- Religious and Medical Waivers
- Account Holds: The hold on your student account will be removed 5-7 business days after the university has processed your COVID-19 vaccine documentation
(Updated July 28, 2021) UMass students who intend to live, learn or conduct research on campus or access campus resources this fall are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. You are considered fully vaccinated under these conditions: two weeks after your second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine. To demonstrate compliance with the university's requirement, follow the instructions below. For more details about fall planning, visit the UMass Fall 2021 website or read the Fall 2021 FAQs.
If you received your COVID-19 vaccine in Massachusetts, login to the UMass Patient Portal, click "Immunization," and scroll down to expand the blue "COVID-19 Vaccines" section. If you do not see your immunizations listed there as "Verified," we did not receive your records from the state. Follow the steps below to manually upload your records.
If you were vaccinated outside of Massachusetts, follow the steps below to upload your COVID-19 vaccination data as soon as you receive the first dose, then again after you receive the second dose. Do not wait to complete the series of shots to enter your COVID-19 vaccine information. Questions? Contact the Student Immunization Program office: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that verification can take up to 2 weeks.
- Login to the UMass Patient Portal
- Click the “Immunization” tab
- Select “COVID-19 Vaccines”
- Find your vaccine type, enter the date you received your vaccine and click “Submit”
- Click the “Uploads” tab
- Under “Documents Available to be Uploaded,” select A - REQUIRED IMMUNIZATIONS FORM
- Upload a photo of the vaccine card that you were given by the health care provider who administered the immunization
If you need help accessing the UMass Patient Portal, please review our Patient Portal FAQs or email email@example.com.
(Updated July 22, 2021) Students attending UMass may request an exemption from the COVID-19 vaccination requirement, subject to religious and disability accommodations pursuant to state and federal law. Medical or religious exemption requests should be uploaded to the UMass Patient Portal by July 23, 2021.
To submit a medical or religious exemption request:
- Select the appropriate form: Medical Exemption Request or Religious Exemption Request
- Download and complete the form (must be signed by a parent or guardian if student is under 18)
- Login to the UMass Patient Portal and click “Upload”
- Select “Required Immunizations Form,” upload and submit the completed form and any supporting materials
For both religious and medical exemptions:
- In the event of an identified elevated public health risk, emergency, or outbreak, exempt individuals may be isolated and/or excluded from campus, including but not limited to all classes, activities, travel, and on-campus housing.
- Twice weekly required testing will be substituted for vaccination in students receiving religious or medical exemption.
There are a variety of ways to find a vaccine appointment:
- Vaccinations are available at the UMass Vaccine Clinic, located on the lower level of the Campus Center, on a walk-in basis or by appointment. For walk-in hours or to schedule an appointment, visit umass.edu/coronavirus/vaccine.
- Preregister to be notified when it's your turn to schedule an appointment at one of seven mass vaccination locations: Hynes Convention Center in Boston, Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Reggie Lewis Center in Boston, DoubleTree Hotel in Danvers, Eastfield Mall in Springfield, Natick Mall, and the former Circuit City in Dartmouth.
- Use VaxFinder to search for appointments at pharmacies, healthcare providers and other community locations.