COVID-19 Vaccine: COVID-19 Vaccine Information
UMass students, faculty and staff and their spouses, domestic partners and dependents with symptoms(s) of COVID-19, or who are direct contacts of someone with COVID-19, can get tested at University Health Services (UHS).
You are considered a direct contact if you were within 6 feet of an infected person for a total of 15 minutes or more.
UMass Students: If you have a new symptom of COVID-19, or if you are a direct contact of someone with COVID-19, login to the UMass Patient Portal. Click the "Appts" tab, and follow instructions to schedule your testing appointment at UHS. To speak with a nurse about COVID-19 symptoms or other medical concerns, submit the Minute Nurse Triage Form on the Patient Portal, or call 413-577-5128. If you have trouble accessing the portal, read our Patient Portal FAQs.
UMass Staff: If you have a new symptom of COVID-19, stay home, call your supervisor, and call or email the COVID-19 HR Response Team at 413-687-2283 or COVID19HR@umass.edu.
Public Community: Learn about free COVID-19 testing for MA residents
UMass Students and Staff: No symptoms or exposure? Visit the Campus Health Hub and schedule your test at the Mullins Center. For answers to non-medical COVID-19 questions, contact the UMass COVID-19 Call Center: 413-577-2999 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Symptoms of COVID-19 can include:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Learn more about symptoms from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Most patients who test positive for COVID-19 will be notified of their test result via phone call from a Public Health representative. Patients whose test results are negative or invalid will receive a notification via email. Please open and read all test results received via email.
- If you receive a positive test result notification via email, please isolate yourself immediately in your present housing and avoid further contacts. You will be contacted by a Public Health representative who will instruct you further on isolation, precautions, and support for you.
- Have your phone charged and nearby, and answer your calls promptly.
If your test is negative or invalid and you were tested at...
- UHS: You will receive an email that you have a new secure message in the UMass Patient Portal. Login to the portal to view your results.
- Mullins Center: You will receive an email notification that your test results are available in EITHER the CareEvolve Patient Portal OR the UMass Lab Services Portal
Getting Your Test Results: Public Community Testing for MA Residents
After you are tested through the free community COVID-19 testing program, all results are delivered immediately on approval from email@example.com and are available to view at the UMass Lab Services Portal. Participants who test Positive may be contacted by a member of the UMass Public Health Team to discuss their result.