Position: Director, Eye Care Services
Joined UHS: 2021
Medical interests: Primary eye care, glaucoma and diabetic eye disease treatment and management
- University of Missouri-St. Louis School of Optometry
- Ocular Disease Fellowship - O’Donnell Eye Institute
- Nick Littlefield Health Policy Fellowship - Network for Excellence in Health Innovation, NEHI
- Inaugural Diversity and Inclusion Liaison for the New England College of Optometry (NECO)
- Consultant for community health optometry nationally and locally
- Clinical faculty of the New England College of Optometry (NECO)
- CEO and Founder, Wright Eye Institute, Inc., specializing in comprehensive eye care and ocular disease with an emphasis on glaucoma treatment and management. Areas of interest include social justice in health care, public health strategies and outcomes as related to eye and vision impairment and loss, reducing racial disparities in vision health care and strategies to improve cultural competence in the practice of optometry.
Memberships and certifications: Board Certified: Massachusetts Board of Optometry, South Carolina Board of Optometry
Professional affiliations and honors: American Optometric Association, National Optometric Association, Massachusetts Society of Optometrists, National Association of Community Health Centers, Massachusetts League of Community Health Centers
More about me: Lifetime member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., avid Peloton spinner, began foil fencing in college, and enjoy traveling with friends and family.