WALK-IN CLINIC HOURS:
- Monday-Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Location: 150 Infirmary Way, Amherst MA 01003 • View Map & Directions
PLEASE NOTE: The Walk-In Clinic treats acute conditions, which are illnesses, injuries or symptoms that are urgent, severe and/or sudden in onset. UHS does not treat medical emergencies; in a life-threatening emergency, always call 911. To contact UHS for other needs, call (413) 577-5000 or visit our Contact page.
Welcome to Walk-In Clinic
At the UHS Walk-In Clinic (WIC), UMass Amherst students, faculty, staff and their dependents can receive same-day care right on campus for a variety of acute conditions. Patients who need to be seen in the WIC should join our virtual waiting room, which will allow you to spend the majority of your wait in the comfort of your own living space. Once called into the clinic, you will speak with a nurse, who will help determine your needs.
HOW IT WORKS:
- During WIC hours, join the virtual waiting room online or text the word UMASSUHS to 413-992-3326.
- Once you enter the virtual waiting room, you’ll receive a text message with your place in line. Be prepared to proceed to UHS when requested.
- You will receive a text message when you reach the front of the line to check in at the clinic.
- You will be able to send a text reply to ask for more time or leave the queue by following the prompts that will be listed for you in the body of the message.
- When you arrive at UHS, you must register with reception.
- Once registered, you will speak to the next available triage nurse, who will help determine your care needs.
- All WIC patients are required to join the virtual waiting room. If you come to UHS without joining the queue, you will be asked to do so by our reception staff. A QR code will be available for you to scan in the lobby. This means you may end up waiting longer than someone who joined the queue before you, even if you arrived at UHS first. We encourage you to join the queue online or via text message, and wait wherever you are most comfortable!
- For urgent, non-emergency needs that cannot wait, you may proceed to WIC without joining the queue.
- Laboratory, radiology, and pharmacy services are available during most WIC hours; lab and pharmacy are closed Saturday & Sunday.
24-Hour Health Advice
If you want to speak with a nurse about a health question, or if you need health advice, call our Nurse Triage Line at 413-577-5229 during business hours. Leave a message and a nurse will return your call. For after-hours health advice, please call 413-577-5000 to reach our answering service.