Our staff will be happy to assist you with requests for your medical records. If you have questions, contact us at 413-577-5114.
Access Medical Records on the Patient Portal
If you have a Patient Portal account, and have submitted your immunization records to UHS, you can access and print your immunization records on the Patient Portal.
- Login to your account and click on "Immunizations."
- Scroll down to the green button that says “Print.” This will give you a view of all your immunizations with dates.
- Don't have an account? Visit the Patient Portal to create one. If you have trouble accessing the portal, review our FAQs.
Release of Medical Information
You can use the Patient Portal to request that UHS send your medical records to you, another medical provider/facility/institution, or insurance company.
- Login to your account and click the "Forms" tab.
- Under Section A: UHS Forms, click "Release of Information UHS."
- Complete and submit the Release of Information form.
No Portal Access? Request Medical Records in Writing
To request your medical records in writing, use one of the forms listed below:
Release medical Information from UHS: Authorization for Release
Complete this if you want UHS to release your medical information to another provider, or if you need copies of your records.
Obtain medical Information from another provider: Authorization to Obtain
Complete this if you want another provider to release your medical information to UHS.
Download and complete the appropriate form; sign and mail to:
University Health Services
150 Infirmary Way
Amherst, MA 01003-9288
Attn: Medical Release
Or, fax the form to 413-577-5440.
Allow at least 10 business days for your request to be fulfilled.
There is no cost to send copies of medical records directly to a non-UHS healthcare provider. If copies are for a patient's personal use, for an insurance company or for legal purposes, a fee may be charged.
50¢ per page up to 100 pages; 25¢ per page beyond 100 pages. Additional fees may be added for postage. Payment is due upon receipt of records; cash, check and credit cards are accepted.