UHS is located at 150 Infirmary Way, Amherst, MA 01003 • View Map & Directions
- Free UMass Transit buses make several stops within walking distance of UHS.
- The UHS Shuttle offers free rides from residence halls to the main UHS building. Rides can be scheduled until a half hour before UHS’s closing time by calling UMass Transit, 413-577-7425.
- The UHS HealthRide program provides rides for students referred to off-campus services by their healthcare provider, and those needing a ride home after being seen in the local ER.
UHS is accessible to those with physical disabilities.
Parking at UHS
- Patient parking is located just beyond the UHS building, on the left side of Thatcher Way, next to the Durfee greenhouses. Parking is free while using the health center.
- Before leaving your car, make note of the parking spot number you're in, and your license plate number. Validate your parking inside UHS, at the reception area for the service you're using.
- Parking in the UHS lot is limited to those receiving services at UHS. Other visitors should use metered parking near Franklin Dining Commons. Violators may be ticketed and towed.
Limited 15-minute parking is located between UHS and Brooks residential hall. There is no parking on Infirmary Way in front of UHS; violators may be towed.
The UHS Shuttle offers free rides from residence halls to UHS. Same-day rides can be scheduled until 45 minutes before the health center's closing time. To schedule a ride up to two business days ahead, call (413) 577-7425 weekdays, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
UHS is not a hospital and does not have an emergency department. If you're experiencing a life-threatening emergency, always call 911 for ambulance transportation to a hospital.
- You will be picked up at your residence hall's designated location.
- When you are done at UHS, call again for a ride back to your residence hall.
- Have your student ID with you; show it to the driver when you're picked up.
- Be at the designated pickup location on time. Drivers won't wait more than five minutes for you. After three "no-shows," you won't be allowed to schedule a ride for the rest of the semester.
- Students living in UMass Amherst residence halls are eligible for rides. Rides are not available from family housing, fraternities/sororities, or off-campus housing.
- The UHS Shuttle is available when UHS and campus residence halls are open.
- Shuttle passengers need to be able to get on and off the van without help. Students who are vomiting, bleeding or appear seriously ill may be asked to talk with UHS's Triage Advice Nurse before being allowed to board.