WELCOME NEW STUDENTS!
UCard Photo Upload Overview:
- Make sure that you give yourself enough time to complete the process! Give yourself enough time to resubmit your photo if your first attempt is rejected for some reason.
- Be aware of the deadlines! If you are attending an NSO orientation, please submit your photo at least two full business days before the start of your orientation session. For example, if your orientation starts on a Monday, submit your photo no later than the previous Thursday. if your orientation starts on Thursday, submit your photo by no later than the previous Tuesday. Graduate students, international students, students in online orientation sessions, and any other new students should submit their photos prior to arriving on campus.
- Check you UMass email account! When you upload your photo, you will receive an email (to your UMass email address) confirming that we received your submission. If your photo is accepted, you will receive an email notifying you of this. If you receive this message, you are all set. If your photo is rejected, you will receive an email with the reason(s) why your photo was rejected. You are allowed three attempts.
- Read the Photo Requirements thoroughly! Please peruse the UCard Photo Requirements before uploading your photo. Note: Our photo upload application, MyPhoto, allows you to rotate and crop the photo after you upload it
- Please Note: Photo's must be on a "Solid" White Background. Photos. taken in front of a White door with Panels or white block wall with lines will be rejected.
What do you need before uploading your UCard photo?
- You need to be a matriculated student seeking your initial UCard. (Students who’ve already had UCards in the past, or who already have approved photos through photo upload should not use photo upload, but instead should come to the UCard Office to purchase replacement UCards.)
- You need to know your UMass campus NetID and password. (You’ll be using these to log in to the web site. Contact Campus IT if you do not have this information.) This is the same username and password that you use to log into SPIRE and you UMass email.
- You need a digital photo of yourself that meets our UCard Photo Requirements.
- You need a digital photo of your government issued id (driver's license, passport, or other official state/federal issued id card.)
Have everything? Then upload your UCard photo!
Submit your photo at least two business days before your orientation session starts. (If you cannot submit your photo at least two business days before, you will need to come to the UCard Office during your orientation session to have your photo taken.)
- Start MyPhoto
- Complete the step-by-step instructions on the MyPhoto site.
That’s it? So what happens next?
Confirm that you received an email from the UCard Office that we received your photo. If you didn't receive the email, please contact the UCard Office. (See “Any Questions or Concerns” section below.)
The next step is for the UCard Office to review your photo, which typically takes 1-2 business days.
- If your photo meets our UCard Photo Requirements we will approve your photo and print out your UCard. You will receive an email (at your “@umass.edu” email address) from the UCard Office notifying you that your photo was approved. Once your photo has been accepted, you should not submit another photo.
- If your uploaded photo does not meet our UCard Photo Requirements, if you already have a UCard or approved photo, or if you submit a photo after the deadline for your orientation session, we will reject your uploaded photo. You will receive an email (at your “@umass.edu” email address) from the UCard Office notifying you that your photo was rejected, and an explanation of why it was rejected. If your third attempt is also rejected, you will need to come to the UCard Office in person to have your photo taken.
If you haven’t received an approved/rejected email from us by the third business day after uploading your photo, please contact the UCard Office. (See “Any Questions or Concerns” section below.)
Where do you pick up your UCard?
- If you are an incoming fall student participating in a Summer NSO session, you will pick up your UCard during NSO checkout at the residence hall where you are staying. If you are leaving early or cannot attend checkout for some other reason, you will need to pick up your UCard at the UCard Office the next time you come to campus. We will not issue your UCard to you before checkout.
- If you are participating in a Winter NSO Session, you will pick up your UCard at the UCard Office.
- If you are participating in an online NSO session, you will pick up your UCard at the UCard Office when you come to campus. EXCEPTION: New Fall International Students pick up their UCards from IPO during their orientation.
- If you are a graduate student, you will pick up your UCard at the UCard Office the when you come to campus. EXCEPTION: New Fall International Students pick up their UCards from IPO during their orientation.
- UCards can only be issued to the cardholders themselves, not to parents, siblings, friends, etc.
- The UCard Office does not mail out UCards. UCards must be picked up in person.
Any Questions or Concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns about the photo upload process, or the UCard Program in general, please contact the UCard Office at:
Phone: (413) 545-0197