Making a UCard Deposit
How much should I deposit?
If you are unsure about how much to deposit, please see the UCard Office recommened deposit for a semester.
Using GET from a Web Browser to make an Online Credit Card Deposit
Using the UMass GET web site, you can make VISA, MC, or Discover card deposits to a student or employee UCard Debit Account.
If you are not the UCard account owner (e.g. a parent) you should choose Make a Deposit. You will be guided through a 4 step deposit process;
- You will enter in the student's/employee's UCard Debit Account Number (10-digit number that starts with "08" for a student account, or "18" for an employee account, followed by the account holder's 8-digit campus id number) and then click Continue to go to step 2.
- You will enter the deposit amount, your credit card information and your email address (to receive a confirmation) and then click Continue to go to step 3.
- You will review the information you've entered. Once you've confirmed that it is correct, click Continue to submit your deposit and move to step 4.
- Step 4 wiil confirm that your deposit was successful or not. You will also receive an email confirmation to the email address you entered on step 2.
If you are the UCard account holder, you can still use the Make a Deposit option, but you may wish to store your credit card information in GET to make depositing quicker and easier. To set up a credit card in GET:
- Click on GET Funds login and login using your OIT netid and netid password.
- Under Quick Links on the right, click on Add Credit Card.
- Enter your credit card information (note that you are not asked for your 3-digit Card Verfication Number from the back of your credit card) and then click +Add New Credit Card.
You can add several credit cards this way, if you would like. Once you have entered your credit card information, making a deposit from within GET is a snap. All you have to do is:
- Login to GET if you haven't already.
- Under Quick Links on the right, click on Add Funds.
- Enter in the deposit amount.
- Choose the credit card you want to use from the pull down menu.
- Enter in the 3-digit CV number from the back of the card that you chose, and click Continue.
As with the other method, you will receive both an on-screen and email confirmation of your deposit.
Using GET from a Mobile App to make an Online Credit Card Deposit
If you are using a mobile phone or tablet to access GET, GET will automatically send you to a mobile-friendly version of the web site. However if you are using an iOS or Android device, you should download and install the free iOS app or download and install the free Android app for even better performance and ease of use.
Using a Campus Value Plus (Kiosk) to Make a Cash Deposit
You can use one of the six Value Plus kiosks located on campus to make a cash deposit to your UCard debit account.
- Two kisoks are located on the lower level of the W.E.B Dubois library
- A third kiosk is located in the Physical Sciences Library located in the LGRC (Lederle Lowrise)
- A fourth kiosk is located at the eastern end of the main concourse of the Campus Center, just outside Harvest
- A fifth kiosk is located in the Hampden lobby
- A sixth kiosk is located in the UCard Office - Room 168 Whitmore Administration Building
** PLEASE NOTE** Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, only the Value Plus kiosk located in the Campus Center is available at this time.
Mailing in a Check Deposit
You can mail in a check deposit for a student or employee UCard debit account:
- Make out the check to UMass UCard Office.
- Write the account holder's campus id number in the memo field of the check.
- Complete a UCard Deposit Slip to go with the check.
- Mail the check and completed deposit slip to:
P.O. Box 2364
Amherst, MA 01004-2364
Making a Cash or Check Deposit at the UCard Office
You can make cash or check deposits at the UCard Office located in room 168 Whitmore Administration Building Monday-Friday, 8:30am to 4:00pm.
Setting up a Payroll Deduction Deposit (Employees Only)
UMass Amherst employees (not student employees) have the option to set up an automatic deposit via payroll deduction.
UCard Deposit Penalties
While there are no fees for opening or maintaining a UCard debit account, there is a $25.00 fee for the following:
- Bouncing a check used to purchase UCards, Passport Photos or other items from the UCard Office.
- Filing a fraudulent credit card claim with your bank/credit card provider that results in a recharge of a legitimate UCard deposit. (If you have concerns regarding a UCard-related credit charge, you should contact the UCard Office before requesting a chargeback.)
The $25.00 bounced check/cc recharge fee should be paid in cash or preferably with a bank check made out to the UMass UCard Office. Failure to do so in a timely manner may result in a hold being put on your academic record.
If a balance of less than $0.00 results from a bounced check or credit card recharge, the carholder is responsible for depositing sufficient funds to bring the balance out of the negative. Any deposit method can be used to rectify this situation. Failure to do so in a timely manner may result in a hold being put on your academic record.
Making a Guest Card Deposit
You can only make cash deposits to a Guest Card account.
To make a cash deposit to a Guest Card account, you must use one of the five Value Port kiosks located on campus.
Two are located at the W.E.B Dubois library and a third is located at the Physical Sciences Library located in the LGRC (Lederle Lowrise). A fourth Value Port is located in the basement of the campus center, by the ATMs. And a fifth Value Port is located in the Hampden Convenience Store.
Making a Department Copy/Print Card Debit Account Depost
The department can only make deposits to a Department Copy/Print Card account via departmental recharge.
To request a deposit to a Departmental Copy/Print Card, complete the online request form. Deposits typically take two days to complete.
You will receive an email confirmation when the deposit has been completed.