- Bring the fruits of UMass Amherst research and creativity to the public.
- Amplify innovation, creativity and entrepreneurism on campus through service to faculty, post-doc, student and staff inventors.
- Help start new companies that can contribute to the economic development and innovation ecosystems of Western Massachusetts and the Commonwealth.
- Increase funding for translational research programs and continue to build a synergistic university-industry research community.
Inventions, Patents and Licensing
- Strong focus on customer service for inventors and companies
- Targeted, personal marketing of inventions to potential licensees
- Marketing early and keeping transaction times short to maximize deal flow
- Flexibility on license terms so both UMass and company interests are served
- Often the only avenue for commercializing cutting-edge technologies
- Hands-on advice and workshops on company formation and product development
- Referrals to potential business partners, lawyers and accountants
- A seed fund to support new ventures is in development
Services for the Creative Arts
- Customer service for artists, musicians, authors and architects
- Advice and assistance in securing copyrights and trademarks
- Business advice on publishing agreements, licenses and other agreements
- Support for start-up companies that will market and distribute creative works
Diversity and Inclusion
- Encouragement and support of women and minority inventors and entrepreneurs
- Seminars and workshops about the history of women and minority inventors
- Person-to-person outreach to encourage participation and offer support
- Demographic analysis to quantify needs and measure progress