Field Trip Services provides transportation for large groups such as Registered Student Organizations, classes or conference groups. Click for detailed information for student groups or for trips sponsored by University departments.
The Field Trip Services Department also operates the Meet & Greet Service.
Thank you for choosing the UMass Field Trip Department! Because of the ongoing pandemic, we have made a few policy changes to ensure every group is provided with clean, safe transportation. We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting of our vehicles so that they are freshly disinfected for every group. Along with this, we’ve reduced our passenger capacities to allow for physical distancing. We are requiring all groups to wear face coverings when using our services; this includes while entering and exiting the vehicle, as well as the duration of the drive. This is to ensure the safety of the passengers as well as our drivers. Please bear with us while we navigate through these difficult times. Feel free to reach out to us at any time with any questions, concerns, or comments.
- Masks are required for all passengers at all times - NO exceptions. Sorry, no eating or drinking onboard.
- Wash or sanitize hands before boarding (we will provide hand sanitizer as needed).
- Windows to remain open during trip to provide increased air flow.
- Passenger capacities are limited for all vehicles, see https://www.umass.edu/transportation/vehicles.
- For small groups, the Field Trip/Meet & Greet office should have a list of passengers in advance.
- For groups larger than 4 passengers, the group leader (likely a TA or professor) must keep accurate attendance of those using the bus service for contact tracing purposes.
- All passengers should be members of the UMass Amherst community and familiar with the Interim Pandemic Policy.
- All passengers should use the COVID-19 checklist or via the My UMass App. Anyone answering yes to any question or presenting symptoms should stay home.
- Drivers are required to wear a mask at all times.
- Drivers are also following the UMass COVID self-check guidelines; they are required to call out sick if they are showing any symptoms. This will not result in any cancellation of trips, there are already measures in place in the event of driver absence.
- Where possible, vehicle windows will be left (at least partially) open to allow for circulation of fresh air.
- Masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer will be made available for passenger use.
- All contacted surfaces are being disinfected after each group and vehicles are being disinfected at the end of each day with a strong, EPA approved cleaner.