Bus Drivers start at $21 per hour! ($22 for evening shifts!)
In addition to hiring for immediate training this semester, we are also hiring for training over Winter break. Winter Training:
- Takes place January 2nd through January 31st, 2024.
- Has flexible schedules built around your availability.
- Can include free housing and meals on campus.
Trainees earn $16 per hour and move to $21 ($22 for late evening shifts) after completing training. After driving for a semester, you'll become eligible for promotion to other student positions (dispatcher, trainer, field trip driver, etc) which offer additional pay.
Safety is our first priority, and it starts with training! All of our training is conducted one-on-one. You'll work with our experienced and dedicated student training staff to:
- Get your Commercial Driver's License.
- Learn how to safely and comfortably operate our buses.
- Learn how to confidently and reliably drive our routes.
We'll pay you to train and cover all your licensing fees. It's a challenging program, but we'll work with you every step of the way!
To start, we're one of the highest paying jobs on campus!
We also offer:
- Pay raises every semester
- Promotional positions that provide real-world supervisory and management experience
- Excellent resume material; start your post-college career with strong work experience
- Flexible schedules that work with your classes!
UMass Transit is a friendly, fun, and supportive place to work. The work is rewarding, the flexibility is ideal, and the opportunities for advancement can help you make the most of your time here! Most importantly, we know school is your priority and we're ready to work with your busy schedule!
Must be a UMass student with at least 6 credits per semester and with 3 or more semesters remaining.
Supervisory, Management, & Technical Experience
We pride ourselves in being a student-run organization! Everyone starts as a bus driver, but you can quickly become eligible for promotion to a variety of student positions:
- Driver Supervision
- Safety and Training
- Recruitment and Hiring
- Field Trip
- Accessible Van Service
- Planning and Analysis
- Software Development
- Information Technology
Whatever your career interests, you'll gain valuable real-world experience for your resume!