We are now hiring for Summer training. We provide (free!) on-campus housing and dining to all trainees over the summer. This summer, there will be 3 major training sessions:
- June 7 - July 2
- July 12 - July 30
- August 2 - August 27
You will train one-on-one with a fellow UMass student! In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we provide PPE and practice social distancing during all training. Our buses are cleaned between shifts and routinely sanitized.
At UMass Transit, your safety comes first. Apply to work in a place where you matter. You can work safely in a place where your individuality is respected, and encouraged. There is room for growth and Transit is a great resume builder. We are a friendly, student-run organization and you can make a difference. Come work in a place that provides essential transportation needs to the campus and community!
Drivers start at $17.00 per hour!
- Pay raises every semester
- Promotional positions with even higher pay and real-world supervisory and management experience
- Excellent resume material
- Flexible work schedules (optimized for students)
- We pay for your Class B Commercial Driver's License (CDL), train you, and pay you while you're being trained
- It's fun!
- Trainees earn $13.50 per hour and move to $17.00 after completing training.
- Must be a UMass student with at least 6 credits per semester and with 3 or more semesters remaining.
Supervisory, Management, & Technical Experience
We pride ourselves in being a student-run organization! Drivers are eligible for promotion to a variety of student positions:
- Driver Supervision
- Safety and Training
- Recruitment and Hiring
- Field Trip
- Special Transportation
- Planning and Analysis
- Software Development
- Information Technology
Whatever your career interests, you'll gain valuable real-world experience for your resume! Apply today!