We need your help to move UMass!
Are you a UMass student? Do you love driving? APPLY ONLINE to join the team that moves UMass!
Why should you work here?
- Drivers are paid $14.75-$16.50* per hour!
- Lots of promotional opportunities for positions that pay even more
- Pay raise every semester
- Flexible work schedules optimized for students
- We're almost entirely student run
- Excellent resume material! Promotional positions offer supervisory experience!
- We pay for your class B Commercial Driver's License (CDL), train you, and pay you while you're training ($12/hour during training)
- You get to drive a 60 foot long, 32 ton, 1.2 million dollar bus with 3 axles, 10 wheels, and 120 passengers!
- It's fun!
*effective September 1, 2019
Learn a trade while you earn your degree! Gain valuable experience in leadership, working independently and in a team, and leave with marketable experience (and a CDL!) We're a tightly knit workforce, come join the UMass Transit family!
All applicants MUST be currently enrolled as a UMass Amherst student with a minimum of six (6) class credits per semester.
Must be willing to work a minimum of 15 hours a week, including at least one opening, closing, or weekend shift.
We are now hiring for our Summer 2019 training program!
UMass Transit is always looking for students who love to drive! We offer paid CDL permit, training, and license. We are now accepting applications for our Summer 2019 Training Program. Click here for more information and how to apply to become a bus operator!
Summer training adds even more benefits to our training program! You can train for your CDL over break on campus!
We offer three summer sessions to train. Our sessions are:
June 2-June 29
July 7-July 26
August 4-September 3
The August 4-September 3 session goes directly into the school year, so we will pay for early move in into your dorm.
Not local? We'll provide housing and meals for FREE! Space is limited, apply today!
APPLY ONLINE or call (413) 545-0056 for more information!