International, Immigrant, and Multilingual Survivor Resources

If you are an international student survivor, you are protected under Title IX and the Clery Act just like any American student. This means that you have the right to receive support and resources, file a complaint, and/or report to campus or local police. Your student visa status may not be used to intimidate, force, or coerce your decision to report or not.  Most student visas require a full course-load (usually 12 units) in order to maintain eligibility. If you are struggling to maintain eligibility due to survivor trauma, the Dean of Students Office may be able to assist with the university procedures for course load reductions.

International Programs Office

The International Programs Office can provide useful information regarding immigration status and referrals to campus support resources. Questions regarding changes to other visa statuses, or legal options that fall outside of standard F-1 and J-1 student visas, or employer-sponsored work visas, may require consultation with the Student Legal Services Office or a qualified immigration attorney.

Student Legal Services Office

There may be other visa options for victims of sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence and stalking, including VAWA petitions, U and T Visas. SLSO can assist with documentation preparation and provide advice and referrals to immigration attorneys.

Additional Resources for International and Immigrant Student Survivors