How to Report Incidents

You have a number of options for reporting incidents including reporting via phone, in person, or online. Even if you don’t want to pursue a disciplinary proceeding or a criminal investigation, you have the right to access medical care, advocacy, counseling, and support. The information below and elsewhere in this website is meant to provide you information and resources so you can determine what is right for you.

Report an Incident to the Title IX Coordinator

Any person may report sex discrimination, sexual violence, dating violence, domestic violence, stalking, and other sexual misconduct including sexual harassment (whether or not the person reporting is the person alleged to be the victim of conduct that could constitute sex discrimination or sexual harassment), in person, by mail, by telephone, or by electronic mail, to the university’s Title IX Coordinator via the contact information below. A report to the Title IX Coordinator may be be made at any time (including during non-business hours) by using the Title IX Coordinator’s email, telephone number or mail. 

William D. Brady
Interim Title IX Coordinator 
Vice Chancellor and Chief Human Resources Officer
330 Whitmore Building
181 Presidents Drive
Amherst, Massachusetts 01003

How Do I Support Someone?

If you are supporting a friend, colleague, or peer who has experienced an incident there are three things you should do: ListenBelieve, and Refer. If you find yourself struggling to listen to or believe them, then just refer. It is imperative that you do not attempt to determine whether or not the incident is ‘true’ or try investigating the matter on your own.

Learn How to Stand Up and Help.