- Undergraduate Admissions
- Graduate School Admissions
- Fine Arts Center Box Office
- UMass Theater General Handbook
- UMass Theater Graduate Handbook
- UMass Theater Major Requirements Checklist
- UMass Theater Dramaturgy Requirements Checklist
- UMass Theater Minor Checklist
- UMass Theater's Flickr account
- UMass Theater's Youtube account
- Production Calendar
A Space of Connection and Dialogue
We, the members of the Department of Theater at the University of Massachusetts Amherst, believe theater is a place for finding inspiration and new ways to come together with others. Theater is a place where diverse and divergent ideas and perspectives can be shared and exchanged. In a climate of oppression and silence, we are committed, as artists, scholars, intellectuals, and activists to amplifying and affirming those perspectives.
We make a commitment to be a welcoming space, on our stages and in our classrooms, to hold the vital conversations about what it means to live in this country and be a member of this society.
We promote an artistic and academic engagement that:
- Affirms and validates our shared humanity
- Respects all racial, ethnic, religious, gender, class, ability, and sexual identities
- Encourages empathy and compassion for all
- Practices human connection and engagement
Our doors are open to all members of the community who want to be a part of the conversation.