- Undergraduate Admissions
- Graduate School Admissions
- Fine Arts Center Box Office
- UMass Theater General Handbook
- UMass Theater Graduate Handbook
- UMass Theater Major Requirements Checklist
- UMass Theater Dramaturgy Requirements Checklist
- UMass Theater Minor Checklist
- UMass Theater's Flickr account
- UMass Theater's Youtube account
- Production Calendar
- HFA Advising & Career Center
- HFA Careers & Internships
Fine Arts Center, Room 05
B.S. Miami University- Ohio, Education
M.A. University of Kentucky, Clothing and Textiles
M.F.A. University of Illinois, Costume Design and Technology
Kristin Jensen comes to UMass Amherst after nine years as Costume Shop Supervisor in the Undergraduate Drama Department of NYU Tisch School of the Arts, where she also taught draping, pattern making, advanced costume techniques, and fundamentals of stagecraft.
Before moving to academia, Kristin spent six years as a draper at Carelli Costumes, a prominent Broadway costume house, creating costumes for theatre and opera productions in New York and across the country. She also worked as draper, craftsperson, and dyer at the Goodman Theatre in Chicago and at Chicago’s Costume Exchange (Steppenwolf), and as a first hand for several seasons at the Santa Fe Opera. Outside the theatre, she executed several projects for the American Museum of Natural History in New York City.
In addition to her technical experience, she was the assistant designer to celebrated costume designers William Ivy Long and Martin Pakledinaz on productions from Broadway to Europe. Her own design work earned her a Joseph Jefferson Citation nomination and an ACTF National Award.