- Undergraduate Admissions
- Graduate School Admissions
- Fine Arts Center Box Office
- UMass Theater General Handbook
- UMass Theater Graduate Handbook
- UMass Theater Major Requirements Checklist
- UMass Theater Dramaturgy Requirements Checklist
- UMass Theater Minor Checklist
- UMass Theater's Flickr account
- UMass Theater's Youtube account
- Production Calendar
- HFA Advising & Career Center
- HFA Careers & Internships
Fine Arts Center, Rm 105
BA, Oklahoma City University
M.F.A. University of Illinois, Directing
Before coming to the Department, Gil McCauley served as the Producing Artistic Director of the Oakland Ensemble Theatre, Resident Director at Rites and Reason Theatre, as an acting company member of the Repertory Theatre of St. Louis. He is a former participant in the New York Drama League’s Directors Project.
He has also served on the theater faculties at University of California at Berkeley, California State University at Dominguez Hills, University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, Rhode Island College and University of Rhode Island at Kingston.
McCauley has directed Off-Broadway and at regional theatres around the country including Arena Stage, Arkansas Repertory Theater, Goodman Theatre, Old Globe Theatre, Oregon Shakespeare Festival, Playwrights Horizons, Seattle Repertory Theatre, and the National Theatre of Ghana.
His recent directing credits include Peter Morgan’sFrost/Nixon; James Still’s Looking Over the President’s Shoulder; The Piano Lesson and Fences, both by August Wilson; Charles Fuller’s A Soldier’s Play; Tennessee Williams’ The Glass Menagerie; and Marcus Gardley’s Jesus Moonwalks on the Mississippi.