Mission Statement of the Chancellor's Sustainability Committee:
- Advise the Chancellor's Leadership Council on all matters related to campus environmental performance including adjustments to operating policies and/or practices
- Assess ways to reduce environmental impacts of the campus in a manner which incorporates sound business practices
- Enhance the campus' ability to gather, track, and analyze environmental performance data and related information and develop report documents
- Develop a five to ten year plan to reduce the campus’ carbon footprint based upon current benchmarks
- Devise a comprehensive and common-sense way to foster environmental stewardship across the entire organization among and within campus departments, both operational and academic
To learn how the Chancellor's Sustainabilty Committee and other sustainabilty groups on the UMass Amherst campus came into being click here.