This committee includes UMass Amherst sustainability experts and representatives of the major sustainability constituencies from across campus.
The role of CSAC is to:
1. Facilitate integration of sustainability initiatives across the campus
2. Recommend sustainability priorities to the Chancellor and Chancellor's Leadership Council (CLC)
3. Serve as an intermediary for student initiatives to the administration
CSAC meets monthly throughout the calendar year with one to two breaks in the schedule during summer and winter break.
Current membership includes 17 representatives from:
Chancellor's Office: Steve Goodwin
Facilities & Campus Services: Raymond Jackson, Ezra Small, Ludmilla Pavlova
Environmental Health & Safety: Jeff Hescock
Budget Office: Bill Pete
Residential Life Student Services: Dawn Bond
Auxiliary Services: Ken Toong
University Relations: Nathaniel Schildbach
Libraries: Madeleine Charney
College of Natural Sciences: Craig Nicolson
College of Humanities and Fine Arts: Ajla Aksamija, Amilcar Shabazz
College of Social and Behavioral Sciences: Elisabeth Hamin
School of Earth and Sustainability: Curt Griffin
Graduate Student Senate: Laurie Simmons
Student Government Association: Nicholas Simmons
For questions regarding CSAC please contact campus sustainability manager, Ezra Small by emailing email@example.com or calling 413-545-0799.
2017-2018 Reports and Presentations:
Sustainability Integration Project (SIP) -
1. SIP Executive Summary Document prepared for Chancellor prior to October 23 meeting, October 20, 2017
2. SIP Task Force Presentation for Chancellor on Proposed CSAC Priorities, October 23, 2017
3. SIP Task Force Presentation to Extended Chancellor's Leadership Council (CLC), December 14, 2017.
4. Chancellor's Office Announcement to Campus Community on Carbon Mitigation and Campus Resiliency Task Forces, November 2, 2018