UMass Jump! students will take one general education requirement course worth 4 credits while on campus. Student will also participate in a weekly discussion group about the Common Read, Lab Girl, by Hope Jahren.
Course listing coming soon.
UMass Jump! classes run from 9am – 12:00pm Monday – Friday, with plenty of free time built in for homework and enjoying summer in the Pioneer Valley. A typical day might look like this:
9am – 12pm: Class
12pm – 1pm: Lunch
1:30 - 3:30 - study sessions and academic support for classes
3:30 -5:30-free time
5:30 - 7pm - dinner
7pm and later: more time to do work for class, evening lectures, group activities
Afternoons are a great time to visit the world-class Rec Center, walk into downtown Amherst (consistently ranked as one of the country’s premier college towns), or work on homework at the W.E.B. DuBois Library. We will also be utilizing our beautiful location in the Pioneer Valley to plan trips for some of these sunny afternoons.
Courses and free time will be supplemented by an exciting co-curricular activities.
Events might include:
· guest lectures from distinguished faculty and staff
· outdoor adventure-based community building
· panel discussions with undergraduate and graduate students
· presentations from the Student Government Association and various Registered Student Organizations about campus life and employment opportunities
· visits to local museums such as Mass MoCA
· field trips to destinations such as New York City