To be successful, you need to set clear and attainable goals. Goals keep you motivated, focused, and satisfied with positive results. Clear, attainable goals look like:
- Visit an instructor during office hours
- Maintain a specific GPA
- Declare a major
- Schedule a meeting with Career Services
- Find a summer internship
- Attend a networking event
Self-Care and Wellbeing Goals
- Sleep 8+ hours per night
- Make time to stretch every day
- Exercise 3 times a week
Keep your goals front and center, track your progress, and make adjustments as needed.
How do I get started with setting academic goals?
How do I set personal wellbeing goals?
- Remember that personal wellbeing is just as important as academic and career goals.
- Know what’s available to you. UMass has tons of helpful resources to help you cultivate wellbeing in your life as a student.
- Try different approaches and strategies, and be persistent in finding what works for you.