Job Hunting? Discover the UMass Job Board!
The UMass Job Board is a safe and reliable resource for all things employment. It hosts many open positions, including major-specific, work-study, and on- and off-campus opportunities. Most jobs on the site are part-time and meant specifically for students. You can even use filters to adjust your search and find the right fit for you! Be sure to read the job descriptions thoroughly and submit the appropriate application information as instructed.
Tip: Anytime you are searching for jobs, whether on the UMass Job Board or elsewhere, be alert to fraudulent job postings. Many scams target college students. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is! For example, it is very rare for an employer to pay in advance for a job. What can you do to avoid a scam?
- First, be aware that these scams do exist.
- Trust your intuition if something feels off.
- Remember that employers should never ask you to purchase items with your money, especially before you are officially hired.
- Check in with Financial Aid Services if an employer or internship site is asking you to do something that feels dubious. Financial Aid Services works hard to filter out and report scams on the UMass Job Board, but please be vigilant.
- If you are scammed, report it to your bank and the police.