Reflect on Your Academic Journey
“Your own self-realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” -Ramana Maharshi
Set your timer and take two minutes to digest the quote above. Ready? Go!
As you continue to progress through your academic journey, reflecting on your experiences so far will help shape your decisions moving forward. The better you understand who you are and your experience with your academic trajectory, the better equipped you’ll be to make decisions that will support you becoming a stronger and more fulfilled version of yourself.
Sit with these questions periodically and let them inform conversations with your academic advisor, which classes to take, and what careers to consider learning more about and pursuing.
- What courses have I found most rewarding? What made them so great?
- Which professors have I learned the most from? How can I strengthen my relationship with them moving forward?
- Where in my academic world could I strengthen my skills?
- What topic do I most enjoy learning about? Why is it interesting to me?
- What type of career might allow me to utilize my interests and strengths?