Frequently Asked Questions
- Where can I find help for filing my taxes?
- How do I fill out FAFSA?
- Who can I talk to about billing and my student loans?
The Financial Wellness Roadmap, developed by SAM, provides essential finance management tips and tools as you navigate through college and beyond.
Internships and Employment
- Who can I talk to about creating or updating my resume?
- How can I get better at writing cover letters/filling out job applications?
- How do I know what career options are available to me?
- How do I find job postings, on campus and beyond?
If you’re looking for post-graduation or summer job/internship postings, check out Handshake or Connect UMass (if you want to talk to someone in the field about their career trajectory, check out the alumni profiles on Connect UMass, and be sure to join the first-generation students and alumni group).
Interested in working on campus during your time here as a student? Check out the UMass Jobs Board.
Take a look at the Career Fair Schedule to see if there are any upcoming events in your chosen field of study.
- Who is my advisor? How do I know I’m choosing the right classes?
- How can I get help with my writing?
- How do I format my citations?
- Who can I turn to for academic help?
The UMass Learning Resource Center is your one-stop shop for academic assistance.
Don’t see your question listed? Not sure where to start? Fill out this form and we will point you in the right direction.
Do you have advice you want to share with your fellow first-gen students? Write to us and we’ll include your advice and words of wisdom in the next first-gen digital package.