- Many student organizations offer volunteer, community service, leadership, and community building oppotunities at UMass Amherst. Explore the Boltwood Project, Best Buddies, UMassFTK, Autism Speaks U, Alpha Phi Omega, and many others!
- The UMass Office of Civic Engagement and Service Learning (CESL) helps students integrate academic and community service goals. Create social change, mentor others, and make an impact in your community through CESL programs.
- Donate to UMass Student Care Supply Closets individually, or organize a donation drive for your organization or group. Refer your friends who need assistance to request free household and personal care supplies.
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program: if you have experience with accounting and/or have taken Accounting 371: Federal Taxes, the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program could use your help. Click here to apply.
- School of Public Health and Health Science – Internship, Practicum, & Volunteer Opportunities
- Sign up to volunteer at Amherst Survival Center's Mobile Food Pantry. Volunteer for the UMass Student Food Pantry, Rack City Thrift, Sustainable Style UMass, or the New2U Tag Sale.
- Explore Five Colleges and Community Volunteer Opportunities
- MassPIRG provides opportunities to advocate for solutions to local and large scale societal problems and get training in public speaking, community outreach, public relations and more.