Wildfires throughout California are impacting members of our UMass community. Some are experiencing distress and anxiety as family and loved ones suffer losses and work to rebuild their lives.
Recovering after disaster can take a toll on one’s mental health and well-being. If you or someone you know is struggling, the following campus resources can help:
- Dean of Students Office
- Off Campus Student Life
- Single Stop Resources
- Let’s Talk Drop In Sessions
- Center for Counseling and Psychological Health
- The Office of Religious and Spiritual Life
Rebuilding after disaster is a difficult process. We urge you to take care of yourself and those around you:
- Stay connected – share your feelings with friends, loved ones, and family
- Stay present – take breaks from social media and news, use mindfulness techniques
- Stay active – take a walk or jog outside, try a fitness class or workout at the Rec Center
- Seek support – talk with a support group
Together we will help members of our community rebound with resilience.