Staff and Faculty Resources
This resource page is a compendium of campus partners, policies, and offices including resources for active inclusion presentations from Student Affairs Leaders and Directors meetings; and key places and resources for referring students (such as Single Stop Resources, CCPH support groups, and Dean of Students Support Services). We also have resources to support your communications and event promotion, for supervising staff, for professional development, and support for workplace technology.
Thank you for all that you bring to our collective work to create a responsive and caring living and learning environment for our students that advances their retention, graduation, and success beyond college.
Frequently Used Staff and Faculty Resources
- Dean of Students Office including Code of Student Conduct, Academic Honesty, and FERPA.
- Guidelines For Classroom Civility and Respect
- Staff and faculty tools and resources for diversity and active inclusion
- Public Records: Your Responsibilities as a Public Employee
- Office of Institutional Research UMass at a Glance
- OIR Fact Sheets
- Information on federal actions and immigration rule updates
- Support Groups and Workshops at the Center for Counseling and Psychological Health
- Single Stop Resource Page
- Student Affairs and Campus Life Graduate Assistantship Informational Brochure
- Faculty and staff are encouraged to refer students to Career Services for all career development and job searching concerns.
- New Students Orientation (NSO) – staff and faculty are invited to participate in NSO to help welcome students to campus.
Recognizing and Helping Students in Distress
The Assessment and Care Team (ACT)
The University of Massachusetts Amherst is committed to maintaining a safe working, learning and living environment for all members of the campus community. The Assessment and Care Team (ACT) focuses on students who may pose a threat to themselves or others, taking action to help the individual and protect campus safety. Representatives from key student support offices meet weekly to share information and develop action plans. ACT also consults with faculty and staff in identifying problematic behaviors. Members of the campus community concerned about a student are encouraged to involve ACT by calling the Dean of Students Office, (413) 545-2684.
In an emergency, call 911 for the UMass Amherst Police Department (UMPD).
Consultation and Referral
Are you concerned about a student's physical or mental health? Has a student's behavior disrupted your class or caused you to worry about his or her future actions? You may have the opportunity to help a student avoid dangerous situations and obtain help. Talk to your supervisor or department chair, contact the resources below or call the Dean of Students Office. Help is available – for your student and for you.
UMass Amherst Police:
University Health Services:
Center for Counseling and Psychological Health:
After-hours: (413) 577-5000
Center for Women and Community:
Rape Crisis: (413) 545-0800
Follow-up, support & training: