- These courses are recommended to fulfill STPEC requirements. Other courses at UMass Amherst and the Five College consortium may also be acceptable. If you would like to take a course that does not appear on this list, please consult the STPEC Academic Advisor before you take it. Please be prepared to submit a course syllabus for review. Courses must be at least 3 credits. 100 level classes will be not be considered for upper level requirements.
- If SPIRE will not let you register for a course on the STPEC course list because it is restricted to majors in a particular department, you may wish to e-mail the instructor to ask them if they are willing to override SPIRE to allow you to enroll. Also, note that some of these courses have prerequisites. It is up to you to make sure you are qualified for the courses you select.
- If a course is listed under more than one category you may choose which category you wish the course to fulfill. No course may be used to satisfy more than one STPEC requirement.
- Please crosscheck time periods on SPIRE or the Five College site before registering for a class.
- We try to provide a comprehensive list of courses being offered. If you cannot find a course in SPIRE, the department may have changed the schedule.
Please choose desired semester from list below