- STPEC Summer Grassroots Internship Scholarship: STPEC is committed to help our students participate in the work of grassroots social change organizations. To this end, STPEC alums have generously donated money to ensure that all interested students have this opportunity. Applications are due by April 23rd.
- Sara Lennox Fund Scholarship: Every year STPEC awards two $1000 scholarships (awards may vary) to two students based on their previous, current and future plans for activism and community services. Please apply within Academic Works (see below). Applications are due by April 7th.
College of Social and Behavioral Sciences Scholarships
The College of Social and Behavioral Sciences (SBS) offers a variety of scholarships to support you in reaching your academic and professional goals. If you are pursuing internships, research opportunities, or studying abroad, we encourage you to apply. SBS also provides awards for outstanding academic achievements and scholarships for need-based emergencies.
Simply enroll in Academic Works, fill out the general scholarship application and the application for your college, and watch as all the scholarships you’re qualified for are populated on your screen. Most scholarships are awarded in the Spring.
How to enroll and apply
1. Go to the Academic Works webpage and sign in with your UMass Net ID and password.
2. Complete the General Application. Once you do this, you’ll see all the scholarships you qualify for and any supplemental applications for your major(s). Completing the supplemental applications will qualify you for additional scholarships.
3. Click on a scholarship link and upload supplementary documents (resumes, letters from faculty, etc., depending on the award)
4. Submit your application and see your dashboard, which shows you the status of any pending and submitted applications.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.