The Stonewall Center and University Health Services (UHS) sponsor rapid HIV and sexually transmitted infection testing on campus during the school year for UMass students.
STI tests screen for gonorrhea and chlamydia (don't urinate for 1-2 hours before the test). HIV testing involves a finger prick (the most accurate form of testing). Testing is conducted by UHS, and results are ready in 20-30 minutes.
There is typically no cost, as the student's or their parents' insurance is billed (please bring your insurance card). Paying out of pocket is also available for those who do not want to bill insurance. Costs are here.
Testing dates for Fall 2019:
- Tuesday, September 10, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Campus Center, room 165
- Wednesday, October 2, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Campus Center, room 165
- Wednesday, October 23, 2-5 p.m., UHS Basement
- Tuesday, November 5, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Campus Center, room 163
- Wednesday, November 20, 2-5 p.m., UHS Basement
- Wednesday, December 4, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Campus Center, room 163