If You Are In Trouble or Need Help...

Stockbridge School of Agriculture students have full access to all of the University's student support services.  But we encourage you to contact your faculty academic advisor (the coordinator for your major) as a first step.  If you you are struggling academically for any reason, your advisor wants to know!  Your advisor can guide you in the next steps you take.  You can also consult these links to find the right kinds of help from the University:

Dean of Students Office

227 Whitmore; (413) 545-2684

The Dean of Students Office supports students with personal or academic challenges. Typical reasons students and families seek assistance include, but are not limited to, the following:

  • Difficulty Transitioning to College Life
  • Missing Classes/Significantly Behind in Coursework
  • Should I Consider Academic Withdrawal?
  • Injury or Illness
  • Experiencing Depression, Anxiety, Panic and/or Other General Mental Health Concerns
  • Financial Struggles/Homelessness
  • Victim of a Physical/Sexual Assault or Harassing Behavior
  • Relationship Challenges/Domestic Violence
  • Victim of Bullying
  • Alcohol or Drug Abuse
  • Eating or Exercise Disorder
  • Need to Access Multiple Campus Resources
  • Not Sure Where to Access Help

Center for Counseling and Psychological Health (CCPH)
Middlesex House; 413-545-2337
Emergency on-call services, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Center for Women and Community (CWC)
New Africa House; 413-545-0883

University Health Services 
150 Infirmary Way; 413-577-5000

Student Legal Services Office
Campus Center Room 922; 413-545-1995 

UMass Police

Additional Student Support Services

College of Natural Sciences Career Center
Morrill II, Room 321; CareerCenterCNS@umass.edu

College of Natural Sciences Undergraduate Advising Center
Morrill II, Room 220; 413-545-1969

College of Natural Sciences Office of Student Success and Diversity
Morrill III, Room 217; 413-545-1969

Comprehensive Guide to Campus Resources
If the links on this page don't match your issue, this guide probably has what you are looking for.