What to Do Once You Receive Your Acceptance
Please Note: This page is for students admitted to the ON-CAMPUS program. If you have been admitted to the ONLINE program, your information can be found here.
When Will I Find Out If I've Been Accepted?
- If you applied Early Action (before November 5th), Admissions will usually post decisions to your web portal beginning in the last week of January.
- If you applied Regular Decision (before January 15), Admissions will usually post decisions to your web portal starting in the last week of February and continuing through March 24.
How To Decide
- Take another dive into the Stockbridge website, especially our frequently updated News section, the directory of our friendly faculty, a list of available scholarships for rising seniors headed to Stockbridge, and the Student Handbook showing the exciting menu of classes ahead of you.
- Familiarize yourself with the University's Admitted Students page.
- Want to visit UMass Amherst? Register through the Event Portal to attend our Spring Destination Days on Sunday February 25, or again on Sunday April 7, when we invite you and other accepted students to tour the campus and meet with representatives from your desired major
- Is your school eligible for the "Get 3 Free" offer? If so, we'll award you 3 free college credits when you enroll in a bachelor degree program at Stockbridge. See if your school is on the list
- Want to visit Stockbridge on the UMass Amherst campus? Check for updates to our Stockbridge Visit page, and opportunities to "Shadow a Stockie"
- If you filed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), your Financial Aid Award letter will be sent sometime in April. Be sure you read and understand it. Follow the instructions in the letter. If you have any questions, contact Financial Aid Services at UMass 413-545-0801
Once You've Decided
- Once you decide to attend UMass Amherst, let us know ASAP by making your $500 enrollment deposit
- Familiarize yourself with, and sign up for, New Student Orientation during Spring 2023. Tell your parents, guardians, or significant others about the related Family and Friends Orientation held on the same dates
- After making your deposit, you will receive a "NetID" and password from OIT (Office of Information Technologies), Log into our student information system called SPIRE, where you can then change your password and update your personal information, including preferred first name and pronouns. Class rosters and other important documents use your SPIRE information, so it is a good idea to make corrections to your personal information before joining our campus
- Learn about your options for On-Campus Housing. If you don't want to live on-campus, learn whether you qualify for an Exemption from the Residency Requirement. For housing questions, Contact Residential Life 413-545-2100
- Complete your Placement Exams ASAP online. Placement exams in math, writing, and a foreign language, are required for most entering students before an appointment can be made to build your schedule
- See the New Student Checklist, which serves as a helpful centralized hub for all of the little steps to smooth your transition into UMass
Contact the Stockbridge School or call us at 413-545-2222 if you have any questions about your admission.