If you are a veteran and are eligible for veterans educational benefits, here is the suggested process for enrollment in the SFF certificate program.

  1. Fill out the online registration form for the program, and indicate your eligibility status.
  2. You will receive an acceptance email from the Program Coordinator, and the UMass Veterans Services Office will be notified of your acceptance
  3. Beginning Fall 2021, Student Veterans must complete a new Certification Request or Refusal form each semester they are enrolled.

Detailed information about how to apply for Veteran Education Benefits is available on the UMass Amherst Student Veterans Resource Center (SVRC) website.  Be sure to follow it carefully.

Additional detail about applying for Educational Benefits and/or Financial Aid is available on the Veteran Educational Benefits and Financial Aid page.

The SVRC is located at 23 Dickinson Hall on the UMass Amherst campus.  The University's Veteran Benefits Certification Manager is Lynn Gates. Email her team at vetbenefits@umass.edu or call 413-545-5792.