The Center is located in the heart of downtown Springfield in Tower Square. With over 26,000 square feet of floor space and the ability to hold 900 students, faculty and staff, the Center is the first UMass site of its kind in the state.
6 dedicated classrooms equipped for both on site as well as distance learning
3 dedicated breakout spaces to allow for small group study or meetings as well as 2 with the ability to hold video conferences
2 Executive Boardrooms with audio/video display and conferencing abilities (with reservations)
6 dedicated Simulation Laboratories/Classrooms for specialized Nursing and healthcare instruction
Permanent offices for faculty and staff to use onsite
Large Learning Commons and Student Lounge areas that can be combined through the opening of an air wall to create an extra-large function space.
A Student Break and Copy Room
Kitchen for faculty and staff
Onsite Parking garage through Tower Squar
The UMass Center at Springfield was created with the future technological needs of students in mind. While most classes at the Center are still taught in person with live instructors, we have the capability to perform distance learning, tele-conferencing and video-conferencing, as well as handle a host of other advanced applications to enhance the learning process!
- Computer Equipped Classroom
- Computer Lab
- Ceiling Mounted Projectors
- ECHO Units
- Echo 360 is a Lecture Capture System. The system enables faculty to record audio, course visuals, and video for students to review in a digital format. Students are provided with a powerful tool that can be used for review, or to supplement materials covered in class, or to provide instruction that is entirely web-based and can be downloaded if so desired.
- LIFESIZE Units
- Lifesize focuses on replicating face-to-face communications through high definition videoconferencing, often called telepresence. Well known for its history of innovation, Lifesize was the first video conferencing company to bring high definition video communications to market in 2005.
- Nursing Classrooms
- Telehealth Lab
- Health Classrooms
- Executive Board rooms with Audio/Video conferencing
- Breakout rooms with video-conferencing
- Student Copy room