All School of Public Policy graduate students are expected to complete a policy- or administration-related internship of at least 35 hours a week for 10 weeks or the equivalent. The internship must employ skills the student has learned at SPP and must be relevant to their intended career path. Students must submit a completed internship contract before the start of the internship. After completing the internship, both students and supervisors must complete an evaluation.
Students may petition to waive the internship requirement if they can document substantial professional experience in their field of interest. To be eligible to waive your internship, you must have post-undergraduate, professional-level experience of one year or more that is related to your field of study and career goals. To apply for a waiver fill out the Internship Waiver Form with requisite documentation.
- Internship Support Funds Application
- Internship Contract
- Internship Evaluation – Supervisor
- Internship Evaluation – Intern (online)*
- Internship Evaluation – Intern (PDF)*
- Registration Form for Summer Internship for Credit (MPP students only)
- Internship Waiver Form
* Note: The intern's evaluation form can be filled out electronically but is also available as a downloadable PDF.