The SPHHS Academic Dean's Office and the Center for Student Success offers centralized resources for students in the School. We are dedicated to helping SPHHS students achieve their highest potential through thoughtful academic advising and career planning.
Center for Student Success
The SPHHS Center for Student Success creates and complements other campus-wide programs that increase student retention; support timely progress toward degree completion; and enhance wellness, student engagement, and career exploration.
Please check our services below for more information on how we can be of support to you!
Services for all students:
Graduate and undergraduate students are encouraged to connect with our Center for Student Success advising team for:
- Time management and college success strategies
- Career and professional development through our Office of Career Planning
- Referrals to campus resources
- Support if experiencing personal or academic difficulties
- Helping to understand and navigate campus policies
Additional services specifically for undergraduate students:
Connect with the SPHHS Center for Student Success advising team and Undergraduate Academic Dean’s Office regarding the following issues:
- Academic standing concerns
- Major exploration
- Petition for late withdrawal after the mid-semester date from a course(s) due to extenuating circumstances
- Petition for late add of a course after the end of Add/Drop
- Petition for late elective pass/fail
- Petition for a third attempt at a course (third repeat)
- Implications of requesting an incomplete
- Credit overload for summer or winter term
- Verification of satisfactory academic progress for Financial Aid (SAPA)
- Withdrawing from the University for a semester or permanently